Okay, so a new bow miraculously came to me this past week. I shoot bows. Lots and lots of bows in the course of a week after I work on them. As I have been "promoted" to the pro shop's pro-shooter, Bowtech sent me a Destroyer 350. Hopefully, I'll get sponsored by some archery equipment manufacturers in the future.
On my bows, I particularly like the HHA Optimizer Lite sight, which I tinkered with and accurized.See the extra pin coming off the factory brass pin? I made and installed that. It helps increase accuracy to the sight by putting the pin closer to the sighting tape and gives me 3 points of alignment, rather than two - the brass pin, my pin and then the mark I put on the sighting tape. From stock, I wondered how I would be able to align a brass pin to the yardage mark,with only 2 points of reference, when the pin sits a good 3/32" away from the yardage mark, and any deviation of adjustment would change the point of impact at further distances. With this improvement, I'm able to dial in the yardage to the inch, which is how I can consistently group 3" at 60 yards in the bullseye.
I also shoot a Quality Archery Design Ultra-Rest LD, which provides total arrow clearance upon pulling the trigger. This affects accuracy because the arrow rest drops away at the moment of the shot so there is absolutely no contact with the arrow as it comes off the string. I don't like rests that capture the arrow from the start of the shot cycle to the end, because any kind of arrow contact at the shot detracts from accuracy. The one great thing the Ultra-Rest has above all other drop-away rests is that if you elect to not shoot, and you let down on the draw, the rest comes back to its resting position, keeping the arrow fully captured until you decide to shoot later. All the other drop-away rests fall away even if you let down slowly, causing the arrow to drop willy-nilly off the bow shelf. This would make a lot of noise and scare off any prey you are hunting.
So, back to the bow - I had a hell of a time paper-tuning it. After a few hours of shooting it, and then adjusting it, and then shooting it some more, and adjusting it some more, and so on and so forth, it turns out it needed a couple of turns on certain cables to bring the cams into time. I then shot an arrow that blew a perfect hole in the paper.
The only thing left for me to do is to take it to the range and sight it in from 20 yards to 70 yards. That should take me about half an hour. Guess I'll have to wait till the sun is out.