Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Force Is Strong In This One

Having come across this story on CNN, via Breda's blog, it brought tears to my eyes to read of such an outpouring of love and support for a little girl geek who was being bullied in school. For liking 'Star Wars'.

Part of those tears stemmed from my own memories of being bullied all those years ago, by classmates who were bigger than me; who had their own cliques. Even some thirty odd years later, the emotional scars from those days of being traumatized come to the surface and I find myself teary-eyed, sad, angry and isolated.

It's beautiful that all these people rallied around Katie. The Force truly is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my soapbox. Remember, you are a guest here. Enjoy my random ramblings, or not; just don't be a tool...